Early Fall Cleanup
Get Things Ready For Storage
Goodbye summer! Bring in the Fall and get caught up in all your kids back to school plans and events. Planning, organizing, cleaning, and storing are all going to be a part of keeping the house together and preparing for the upcoming Holidays. Let's see if we can help you return your home to the best possible state before you get too far into your schedule. Also, if we help you organize all that stuff now, it will be a real time saver when you get ready to use everything in the spring of 2017.
Fall Prep & Cleanup Before Storage:
- Musty beach towels: In hot hot water safe for the fabric, launder and add some fabric softener to the final rinse and then machine dry completely.
- Sleeping bags and patio rugs need sand and dirt removal. Shake and loosen as much as you can and then vacuum the rest. If any parts are soiled, clean according to directions for each.
- Muddy Tennis, dock, and flips need to dry completely. If any dried mud or debris remain take to the patio and use warm water and had dishwashing liquid with a toothbrush for any remaining dirt. Dry completely. Dirt marks are easily removed with a nylong pad, and damp paper towels or sponges and wipes are a great quick clean source and eliminate bad bacteria.
- For the plastic tablecloths you want to keep, wipe down with a soapy sponge or clorox wipe on the top, but not on the flannel. Some can be washed on gentle or placed in a lingere bag to remove creases and not harm the vinyl. Line dry before storage.
- Any grubby molded resin outdoor furniture can also be cleaned with a mild detergent and water. Avoid all abrasive type powders, bleaches and silicone cleaners.
- Make sure all outdoor cushions are spot cleaned with a solution of mild dish washing liquid and lukewarm water. Rinse with clear water and air dry. Acrylic, polyester and cotton fabrics usually have tags that can help with what is safe to use.
- Obvious dirty plastic pool toys can handle a mixture of 3/4 cup of chlorine bleach per gallon of warm water. You may want to soak the prewashed toys for five minutes. Rinse and then air-dry. If the toys won't be used during the winter, store them in a closed container so they'll stay clean and dust-free.
- Start a pantry audit. Remove all cans and boxes from all shelves and vacuum any dust, crumbs, residue or dead insects. Toss expired products and inspect each item prior to placing in back on the shelf.
- Be sure to test and clean all your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors. Replace any batteries or equipment that is needed. Dust only helps underperformance, and your vacuum cleaners soft brush attachment is a great way to get inside those openings. If too old or you can remember when you bought it, get a new one. These items can save your life...
- Flip your mattress in each bedroom, and all pillowtops can be rotated 180* to help prevent body impressions. Sprinkle with Fabreze or Baking Soda to neutralize odors and then vacuum residue up before new sheets are put on.
- Shampoo and treat your carpets with microban, especially by the pool entrys or laundry room areas. Professional cleaning is the best way, or you can call us to make arrangements for that. Include any upholstry fabrics as well and rotate all cushions after cleaning.
- Remember to give all seating a thorough vacuuming to remove all excess dust hitting both sides arms and even platforms beneath the cushions.
- Dust all ceiling fans, blinds, and removable shades. Buildup of dust, spots, bugs, and general debris in high traffic areas is normal and spraying with Lysol or Fabreze where fabrics allow always helps eliminate unwanted bacteria.
- Get a jump on any holiday party season plans by unpacking serving pieces, bakeware, stored gifts, or additional seating and linens. If you forgot to clean or wash any of these items get it done now. Store close to where they will be needed. Watch for fall sales on additional lamps, serving options, and accessories for quick savings.
- Creation of special locations for kids sports equipment, school or community projects, study areas means you will need to pay special attention to maintenance and keeping everything clean.
- Replace or wash all pet beds, bowls, towels, and rugs and sanitize for the fall. If pesky fleas or insects have found their way inside, be sure to treat all flooring and carpets properly to kill all eggs.
- Look up, all high places you never want to mess with need your attention at least 2 - 3 times per year. Set aside time now to deal with this. Plan a family event around this in particular. Many hands make light work for you every time.
- And finally, the most important thing:
Have fun, cleaning and storing, and preparing you and your family for this new and exciting fall season. Work is work, but fun and entertaining are so important to the health and well being of your family. Get it all done this month before things get hectic. Remember that if you currently have us cleaning and housekeeping you home, you can always ask for additional help. Patio cleaning, more options for a super special one-time cleaning, move in or move out cleaning, weekly cleaning, biweekly cleaning, or monthly cleaning is all our specialties. Our primary goal is a consistent quality clean each time we visit your home. That means even if we only come once or twice a year...It just doesn't get any better than that.
What professional cleaning do you need for your home or business? Texoma Cleaning provides:
- House Cleaning Denison Texas
- House Cleaning Sherman Texas
- Office Cleaning Denison Texas
- Office Cleaning Sherman Texas
- Janitorial Service Denison Texas
- Janitorial Service Sherman Texas
- Maid Service Denison Texas
- Maid Service Sherman Texas
Please call us today! 903-814-8806 Professional Cleaning for over 14 years. Texoma Cleaning provides: Office Cleaning Denison Texas, Office Cleaning Sherman Texas, Janitorial Service Denison Texas, Janitorial Service Sherman Texas, Maid Service Denison Texas, Maid Service Sherman Texas,